Welcome to Meet2Talk. We will do our best to give you the best service possible.
In general, you should be aware that, as an internet user, you leave behind electronic traces. These traces enable others to track your whereabouts and your traffic on the internet.
We will of course not track you outside the Meet2Talk Service.
Please think carefully about how you use our Service and what you share. Our Service includes social and interactive features, including the ability to post and share content, and make certain information about you public. Please remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and re-shared by others on the Meet2Talk Service or across the web, so please use Meet2Talk with care and be mindful of your account settings.
1.1. Meet2Talk Takes Your Data Protection Seriously
- Explain the way we use the information you share with us in order for us to build the best possible Service for you and to give you a great experience.
- Ensure that you understand which type of information we collect and what we do with this information – and also what we do not do with it.
If you have any questions about privacy related matters please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ensure you that your personal information is processed and utilised in accordance with the law in force at the time in question including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1.2. Contact Information
Meet2Talk Operations ApS
Address: Skovvejen 2A, DK-8000 C
Company reg no. (CVR-no.): 37815497
Telephone: +45 29 71 00 23
1.3. Meet2Talk Ensures Fair and Transparent Collection of Information
When we collect your personal information, we inform you of both the specific information that we collect as well as the purpose of collecting your personal information.
2. The Information We Collect
Broadly speaking there are two categories of information we collect:
- information that we must have in order for you to use our Service; and
- information that we can use to provide additional features and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
2.2 Information Collected to Use the Service
When you become a User, we collect certain information that you provide us with in order for you to use our Service. This information includes:
- Your e-mail, name, city of residence, country of residence and your partners e-mail address (if you sign up as a spouse).
2.3 Information Meet2Talk May Collect to Provice Additional Featuees And Improved Experience
We may also collect information that enables us to offer you an improved, personalised and relevant experience and additional features, on our Service. We never receive any of this information unless you expressly choose to share it with us. This type of information includes, but is not limited to:
- Nationality, languages you speak, interests, Skype username, birth year, previous postings etc.
2.4 When Does Meet2Talk Collect Your Information
The collection of information and data occurs when:
- You register as a User, you connect to other Users, you post or chat, you update your profile and when you interact with other Users on the Service.
2.5 Meet2Talk Only Collects Relevant and Necessary Information
We only collect information that is relevant and sufficient in proportion to the purposes outlined above.
We only collect, process, and store information and data that is necessary in order to improve the platform and to ensure the quality of Service. Further, the law may determine the type of information that is necessary for us to collect and store. The type and scope of the personal information that we collect may also be necessary for the fulfilling of contractual obligations or other judicial obligations.
2.6 Updating Your Personal Data
Our ability to offer you the best service depends on the correctness of your information. We ask you to regularly update your profile. In that way, we are continuously updated on your personal information. You can amend and view much of the information we keep about you through your account and profile pages.
In case of any doubt, please do contact us.
2.7 Meet2Talk Deletes Your Personal Data when It Is Longer Necessary or Relevant
We delete your personal data when it is no longer relevant or necessary for the purposes outlined above.
- If a user (a spouse or an employee) decides to cancel her og his profile, we keep a backup of the personal information belonging to this user for up to twelve months. After twelve months all personal information is deleted completely.We do this because we ask all our users to reconfirm every six months their connection to, and employment by, the member company. This is to ensure that employees and spouses on the platform are still with the member company and eligible for the service. Users confirm their connection to the company by clicking on a link in an email sent by Meet2Talk.
If the user has forgotten to reconfirm the link in our e-mail, we will still be able to recreate the account, the connections, posts and questions etc. for the following six months.
- If a company cancels their membership subscription, we keep a backup of the company information including spouse and employee profiles for up to twelve months. After twelve months all company information as well as all spouse and employee information is deleted completely.We keep a backup for up to twelve months after any cancellation in case the company should wish to sign up again within that period. In this way all deleted employee and spouse profiles will become active and signing up again will not be necessary.
2.8 Meet2Talk Will Ask For Your Consent before We Collect Your Personal Data
We will ask for your consent before we collect your personal data in accordance with the purposes outlined above, unless we have legal basis to collect the information without your consent. We will inform you of any such legal basis and our legitimate interest in processing your personal data.
Please note that your consent is optional and that you may, at any time, recall any given consent.
Further, you can change your information and cancel your user profile at any time. If you wish to do so, do note that we store your information for 12 months after the cancellation of your membership (see 2.7 above).
2.9 Meet2Talk Does Not Disclose Your Personal Information Without Your Consent
Information you give to external websites such as Facebook or Twitter complies with their terms and conditions. This also applies if you choose to connect your profile to external social media sites.
If we disclose your personal information to collaborators and other operators, for example for the use of marketing, etc., we ask for your consent and will inform you about the exact purpose of the disclosure. At any time, you may take exception to any such disclosure.
We reserve the right to use and treat information and data on our Service to generate statistics, analysis etc. We shall be permitted to use such information in statistics, analysis, benchmarks etc. in anonymised form for commercial purposes. No personal information or data will be shared with any third party in this process.
We do not ask for your consent if, by any judicial obligations, we have to disclose your personal information. That may be the case in connection with notifications to authorities.
3.1 Meet2Talk Protects Your Personal Information
We are committed to protect our Users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used our Service. We have taken the following data protection precautions:
- Only a limited number of employees have access to your information.
- Personal information is stored encrypted on our servers, and it is sent encrypted over the Internet.
- All communication and data traffic is encrypted.
- All data for card payments are sent to our payment processor over a secure encrypted connection.
- Meet2Talk does not have access to you credit card information. This is stored by our payment processor.
4.1 What Is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will allow Meet2Talk to recognise your device the next time you visit Meet2Talk’s website, secure your access and even help us know if someone attempts to access your account from a different device.
4.2 Meet2Talk Asks for Your Consent
- General purposes relating to the operation of our Service.
- Identifying users who visit the website, and for
- Tracking trends among users who visit this website.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
- Our website.
We do not place cookies in your browser when you visit websites outside our Service.
4.5 Type of cookies we use
We use two types of cookies:
- session cookies, and
- persistent cookies.
Session cookies last only as long as the current visit and expire once you close your web browser. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them. A persistent cookie helps us recognise you as an existing user, so it is easier to return to Meet2Talk and use our Service without signing in again.
|Categories of Use||Description|
|Signing Up and Authentication||When you have signed in to Meet2Talk, cookies help us authenticate you as a user when you return to the service, helps us recognise what type of subscriber you are, and allows you to log in easily.|
|Features and services||These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Meet2Talk Service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Service, we can provide you with the settings as you have asked for them to be provided.|
Your browser or device offers settings that enables you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material.
5. Your Rights
5.1 You Have the Right to Access Your Personal information
At any time, you have the right to be informed of:
- The information that we have stored about you,
- The origin of the information, and
- For what we use the information
You may also be informed of the time period of our use of the information as well as the third parties to whom we disclose the information, in case such information has been disclosed.
Your access to the information may be limited by:
- Consideration for other peoples’ privacy
- Business secrets
- Immaterial rights
You may make use of your rights by contacting us on the contact information above.
5.2 You Have the Right to Have Inaccurate Personal Information Corrected or Deleted
If you think that any information that we collect about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you may have them corrected. In that event, please do contact us and inform us of the inaccuracy.
You may also contact us if you think that we collect your personal information inconsistent to the law, or if you do not think that the information we process is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes outlined above.
If you contact us with a request for having your information corrected or deleted, we examine the requirements for such. If they are fulfilled, we will correct/delete your information as quickly as possible.
6. Your Rights
If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of the Service after Meet2Talk publishes or sends a notice about our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
7. Contact us