Terms & conditions
You acknowledge that you have read and understood the Agreements, accept these Agreements, and agree to be bound by them.
Meet2Talk offers a social networking service (“Service”) for employees and spouses helping them while living and working abroad.
Only companies, universities and other organisations can be Members and subscribe to our Services, and only employees and spouses of our Members have access to the network and the features available.
On Meet2Talk employees and spouses can find and connect with colleagues and spouses from the same company, or find and connect with employees and spouses from other Members on the network, locally or worldwide.
The Service is accessible on Mac/PC and mobile devices.
“Member” means companies, universities and other organisations who have subscribed to our Service and now have access to the network and the features available.
“User” means the employees and spouses of the Member.
This agreement is entered between you and Meet2Talk and applies to your use of our Service (“Agreement”).
By clicking “Accept”, “OK”, “Join” or similar, registering, accessing or using Services provided by us, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding agreement with Meet2Talk – this also applies if you are using our Service on behalf of a company. If you do not agree with the terms of this Agreement, do not click “Accept” or similar registering, and do not access or otherwise use any of our Service.
This Agreement applies to Meet2Talk and other Meet2Talk-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Agreement.
1.3. Members and Users
By registering and joining our Service, you become a User or a Member.
A subscription on Meet2Talk allows access for all the Member’s employees worldwide who are in possession of a valid company e-mail address. All spouses will automatically gain access to the platform. Users can access the Service from any internet-enabled device and location.
1.4. Changes in Agreement
If you object to any changes, you may cancel the subscription and/or cease using our Service by deleting your account. Your continued use of the Service after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
By entering into this Agreement, you promise that:
You are eligible to enter into this Contract, and you are at least our “Minimum Age” (described below). The Service is not to be used by anyone under the Minimum Age.
To use the Service, you agree that:
(1) you must be the “Minimum Age” or older; and
(2) you are not already restricted by Meet2Talk from using the Service.
“Minimum Age” means 18 years old. However, if any law requires that you must be older in order for Meet2Talk to lawfully provide the Service to you without parental consent (including using of your personal information), the Minimum Age is such older age as decided by the applicable law.
2.2. Your Account (Profile)
You agree to:
(1) choose a strong and secure password;
(2) keep your password secure and confidential;
(3) not transfer any part of your account,
(4) not sharing an account with anyone else, and
(5) follow the applicable law and our Code of Conduct provided under Section 7 in this Agreement.
You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
You agree to notify Meet2Talk immediately of any unauthorized use of your user profile or password or any unauthorized access to your account.
2.3. Payment and Prices
Our Service is a subscription based service.
2.3.1. Free Trial
Our Service includes a free 30-day trial. Any time during the free trial Members can cancel the subscription.
At the end of the 30-day free trial Members will be charged the subscription amount starting once the trial expires, and the payment to Meet2Talk will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period.
2.3.2. Payment – After Free Trial Period
If a Member buys any of our paid Services, the Member agrees to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. The Member further agrees to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of the Member’s paid Services.
The Member will honour their payment obligations. The Member understands that there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
We may change and modify prices for the subscription(s) at our own discretion. We will communicate any price changes to Members in advance. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. You accept the new price by continuing to use our Service after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Service prior to the price change going into effect. Please therefore make sure you read any such notification of price changes carefully.
Please see www.meet2talk.com for further information.
2.4. Right of Cancellation
Members can cancel the subscription any time free of charge during the 30-day free trial.
After the 30-day free trial the subscription can be cancelled at any time. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period. Any subscription fee for the remaining subscription period after the cancellation is not reimbursable.
Users can at any time discontinue using the Service and delete their profile
For further information see www.meet2talk.com
2.5. Notices and Service Messages
By entering into this Agreement, you agree that we may provide notices to you through our Service (websites, apps) and your contact information in accordance with your personal settings. You agree to always update your contact information. If the contact information is out of date, you may miss important notices. It is your responsibility to keep your contact information updated.
When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Service allows messaging and sharing of information through your profile. Other Users and Members may see information and content that you share on your profile. Where we have made settings available, Meet2Talk will honour the choices you make about who can see your content or information.
Meet2Talk is not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it at its sole discretion. Any such removal may be done with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Meet2Talk
You own all the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant Meet2Talk a non-exclusive license to it.
You may only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and you promise that your user profile will be truthful.
Between the parties of this Agreement, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Service, and you are only granting Meet2Talk the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Service, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Service, or generally by closing your account, except only (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service, they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- Meet2Talk will not include your content in advertisements for the products and services of third parties to others without your separate consent (including sponsored content).
- Meet2Talk will obtain your consent if Meet2Talk wants to provide third parties the right to publish information that you have provided within the Service. However, other Users may access and share your content and information, consistent with your choices.
- Meet2Talk shall be permitted to use and process data on the service to generate statistics, analysis, benchmarking, etc. Meet2Talk shall be permitted to use such statistics, analysis, benchmarks etc. in anonymised form for commercial purposes. No personal and private information will be shared with third parties in this process.
- Meet2Talk may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata). Meet2Talk will, however, not make changes that result in any misrepresentation of your expression.
- You may choose to make your own content available to others.
By entering into this agreement, you agree that any feedback given by you to Meet2Talk may be used and shared by Meet2Talk for any purpose without any compensation to you.
3.2. Service Availability
Meet2Talk may change, suspend or end any Services prospectively at its own discretion.
Meet2Talk may also discontinue any of its Services.
3.3. Other Content, Sites and Apps & Interaction with Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. You understand and accept that Meet2talk currently does not conduct criminal background checks or attempt to verify the statements of its Users.
Please be thoughtful about how you use the Meet2Talk Service and what you share. Our Service includes social and interactive features, including the ability to post user content, share content, and make certain information about you public. Remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and re-shared by other users on the Meet2Talk Service or across the web, so please use Meet2Talk carefully and be mindful of your account settings. Meet2Talk has no responsibility for your choices to post material on the Service.
3.3.1. Other Content, Sites and Apps
Meet2Talk is not responsible for any third-party activities on the Service.
In no event shall Meet2Talk be liable for any damages whatsoever, relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of Meet2Talk, resulting from communications or meetings with other Users or persons you meet through Meet2Talk.
You agree to take reasonable precautions and make good judgments in all interactions with other Users of the Service, particularly when you meet in person. You accept that Meet2Talk makes no guarantees, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through Meet2Talk.
3.3.2. Interaction with other Users
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third party apps or sites that link from our Services. Third party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways that Meet2Talk would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, Meet2Talk is not responsible for these other sites and apps – Usage of these sites or apps are at your own risk.
Meet2Talk has the right to limit your conduct and interactions on our Service.
Meet2Talk reserves the right to limit your use of the Service, including your ability to contact other Users.
Meet2Talk also reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law, or if you are misusing the Service (e.g. violating the Code of Conduct in Section 7).
If Meet2Talk terminates the Agreement, or suspends your access to the Service, you agree that Meet2Talk shall have no liability or responsibility to you and Meet2Talk will not refund any amounts that you have already paid, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
3.5. Intellectual Property Rights
Meet2Talk provides you notice about our intellectual property rights.
Meet2Talk reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Service. By using the Service, you do not obtain any ownership of our Service or the content or information made available through our Service. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Service are to be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Meet2Talk trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Meet2Talk.
Meet2Talk shall be permitted to use current Members company logos on the Meet2Talk website as a client reference. If any member is opposed to this use they should send their objection in writing to Meet2Talk, and the use will be discontinued.
4. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
We do our best to provide the best service we can, but you understand and agree that our Service is provided “as is” and “as available”, without express or implied warranty or condition of any kind.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, MEET2TALK (A) DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. ACCURACY OF DATA AND NONINFRINGEMENT) AND (B) DOES NOT GUARANTEEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS. MEET2TALK IS FURTHER NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRRUPTION OR SUSPENSION OF THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF THE INTERRUPTION OR SUSPENSION.
4.2. Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, MEET2TALK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUANTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. NEITHER SHALL MEET2TALK BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES PROVIDED.
WHERE THE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Both Meet2Talk and the Member can end and terminate this Agreement anytime the party wants to without prior notice to the other party. However, cancellation terms apply (see 2.3 Payments & Prices).
When you terminate the Agreement, you lose the right to access or use our Service. In case of termination, the following will survive:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Users’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent re-shared or copied prior to termination.
6. Governing Law
Meet2Talk controls this site (excluding any linked sites) from our offices in the Kingdom of Denmark. As your destination might have laws that may differ from those of the Kingdom of Denmark, by accessing this site both parties agree that the statutes and laws of the Kingdom of Denmark, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this site and the purchase of Services available through Meet2Talk.com.
Both Meet2Talk and Members and Users of Meet2Talk agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue any court of competent jurisdiction within the Kingdom of Denmark with respect to such matters.
7. Code of Conduct on Meet2Talk
If we are to build together a relevant network we all have to live by some common-sense guidelines: Be yourself, be honest and be respectful when communicating with others even if you do not agree with them.
You agree to use Meet2Talk.com in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
- You will not create a false profile. Profiles on Meet2Talk have to be ´real people’.
- You will not use Meet2Talk to engage in any form of harassment or offensive behaviour, including the posting of communications, pictures or recordings that contain libelous, slanderous, abusive or defamatory statements, racist, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise offensive content.
- You will not post text, pictures etc. or use Meet2Talk in any way that is fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- You will not post messages, pictures or recordings with religious content.
- You will not cause Meet2Talk to be accessed through any automated or robotic means.
- You will not use Meet2Talk to distribute or upload any malicious software of any kind, or do anything else that might cause harm to Meet2Talk or our systems in any way.
- You will not post any content which is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind.
- You will not post material which includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Service.
- You will not post material which is intended to or does harass or bully other users or individuals not using the service.
- You will not engage in any activity which involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, or the like.
- You will not engage in any activity which involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes etc.
You acknowledge and agree that posting any such user content may result in immediate termination or suspension of your access to the Meet2Talk service.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions concerning the Meet2Talk Service or the Terms & Conditions, please contact us. Se information on how to contact us on our website www.meet2talk.com